Monday, October 27, 2014

A Positive Legacy of Deception – Part 1

I have decided that there was one very positive benefit to my catastrophic experience of being in relationship with a pathological liar.  Now I know that there is such a thing as a pathological liar.

Considering all of my pain and the losses I endured, that might seem like a very high price to pay for this knowledge.  It isn’t.  Or, at least I can say that God must think the suffering was worth it.

To give a little perspective, let me tell you what some of those losses were.  I lost a 25 year marriage, my reputation, my bank account, my in-laws, an extended network of sisters and brothers and nieces and nephews, and my family.  But even all of that could not outweigh losing my mind.

And that is exactly the price a pathological liar inflicts.  Insanity.  The loss of your mind, your reason, your perspective, your self.

You can’t immerse yourself in lies and remain sane.  Sanity is based on reality and logic.  It is a proper relating to “that which is” as opposed to “that which is not.”  So whether you are the one perpetrating the lies, or the victim living with the liar, you are in danger.

Now that I have recovered my mind, sanity, perspective and self, I have new insight. I was always a “Pollyanna.”  I believed the best in people.  I knew that evil existed, but since I tried to avoid practicing evil, and tried to avoid people who were obviously evil, I thought I was all right.

I wasn't.  

It sounds like a good, positive plan, doesn’t it?  Wouldn’t you be happy if you saw your children avoiding evil people and evil behavior?  Yes, we all would. 

Yet there was something missing.  What was it?\
Stay tuned for Part 2!

Thankfully yours,
Lorraine

(PS. I have since received back some of what was lost, and God has given me much besides.)

No comments:

Post a Comment