Monday, May 3, 2010

Who are you, anyway?!

I'm told that no one cares about me, the blogger (is that even a word?) At least that's what the tech tips said when I set up this blog you are now reading. So why are you reading this if you don't care about me? I'll tell you -- you care about you.

I am told that if you are still reading this--now the fifth sentence--that I am very lucky. I like to be lucky. I study very hard to be lucky.

First issue solved--you the reader and what you care about. Next issue?

Myself the blogger and what I care about. I am told by the blog gurus that I must care about you, too. Or at least I must convince you that I do. Let’s see, where to start. Oh, I know – who are you, anyway!!? Since I can’t clap eyes on you, or lean on you (as my cat Desi is trying to do as I write), I will have to guess.

I’d say that you are an English language speaker, someone who likes to communicate with others, someone who has problems and either likes to help others with them or get answers from others, someone who likes a bit of humor to spice things up now and then.

How did I do … am I close? If you didn’t fit my profile, feel free to drop out at this point and not follow my blog. If I was within a plus-or-minus 3% error of describing you, then congratulations—you’re just like me!! We’ll get along just fine.

I’ll care about you as I care about myself. I’ll share my thoughts unselfishly, and hope to get a few nuggets from you—whenever you’re in the mood. I’ll give all and expect nothing in return. Sound like a deal!!?

I kind of tricked you already, though. I don’t promise to be very humorous. You see it’s not my natural bent, and if I try too hard, I’ll come off sounding like an online fool (as opposed to just an ordinary, everyday fool) And you’ll laugh at me, not with me, and I’ll feel bad and stop writing. So can I just be myself? Thanks.

Oh, you do care!

2 comments:

  1. so glad to have your intelligent remarks on here, lorraine. welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, you have the gift of "encouragement."

    ReplyDelete